Friday, February 4, 2011

Poultry Farm Bussiness Plan Samples

Current state of antiquities in Egypt Closes

Carry some articles about the current state of antiquities in Egypt.

Below is an article in the January 31 press release which of the newly appointed Minister of State for Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, which updates on the situation of the Cairo Museum, looted and damaged a few days ago.

I leave you then also links to two articles in the following days which are reported in the latest updates on the situation.

Sarah

http://ilfattostorico.com/2011/02/01/la-situazione-delle-antichita-in-egitto/

http://ilfattostorico .com/2011/02/02/la-situazione-delle-antichita-in-egitto2 /

Vandals damage the Egyptian Museum in Cairo

January 31, 2011

of Aetius

The following is the testimony of Zahi Hawass of what has happened to the antiquities in Egypt.

Friday, January 28, 2011, when the marches started in Cairo, I knew that a curfew was imposed from 18:00 to 7:00 on Friday evening until Saturday morning. Unfortunately, the Egyptian Museum that day was not well defended. About a thousand people have started to climb over the wall on the eastern side of the museum overlooking a courtyard. On the western side had recently finished something I was very proud, a beautiful gift shop, restaurant and a café. The people entered the store, they stole all the jewelry and fled, thinking that that was the museum shop, thank God! However, ten individuals have found the emergency exit on the back and entered the museum.

As everyone knows, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is naturally lit, and because of its architectural style, there are glass windows on the roof. The criminals have broken and used ropes to descend into, the ceiling is 4 meters high.

At that time I was home and although I wanted desperately to go to the museum, I could not leave my house because of curfew. In the morning when I woke up, I went straight there. When I arrived I discovered that the night before, three police officers were left there during the night because they could not get out before the curfew ended. These agents, and many young Egyptians who were also there, have prevented other people from entering the museum. Fortunately, at 22:00 the night of Friday, the army had arrived at the museum to give further security assistance. I also discovered that a criminal was still inside the museum. When he went to ask for water to the guards, they took him and his hands were tied to the door to keep it away!

Fortunately, the criminals who have stolen jewelry from the gift shop did not know where the jewels were kept in the museum. They went into the gallery of late but found no gold, thirteen windows were broken and thrown on the floor antiques. Then the criminals have gone into the tunnels of King Tut. Thank God they only open a display case! Criminals have found a statue of the king on a panther, have broken and thrown on the ground.

I am very happy that all the antiquities in the museum damaged can be restored, and the police have arrested all the criminals "who entered." Saturday, the army arrived to guard the museum from all sides. I left the museum at 15:00 Saturday 29.

What is beautiful is that not all Egyptians were involved in the looting of the museum. A small number of people tried to break, steal and rob. Unfortunately, the voice of a crime is higher than that of a hundred voices of peace. The Egyptians are demanding freedom, not destruction. When I left the museum Saturday, I ran out of many Egyptians who have asked me if the museum was safe and what they could do to help. The people were happy to see an Egyptian official to leave his home and arrive at Tahrir Square without fear were very appreciative that I have come to the museum.

The curfew began again Saturday afternoon at 16:00, and I received messages all night by my inspectors at Saqqara, and Dahsur Mit Rahina. Abusir stores were open, and I could not find anyone to protect the antiquities in the site. At this moment I do not know what happened at Saqqara, but I expect to hear soon the inspectors there.

A Qantara we have a large warehouse containing antiquities from the National Museum in Port Said. Unfortunately, a large group of people armed with guns managed to enter and open the crates and take the precious objects. Other groups have attempted to enter the Coptic Museum, the Royal Jewelry Museum, the National Museum of Alexandria, and in the Museum El Manial. Fortunately, employees of the Museum of the crown jewels were moved all the objects in the basement, who sealed before leaving.

I boil the blood in his veins. I feel like everything I've done over the past nine years has been destroyed in one day, but all the inspectors, young archaeologists and administrators are calling me from the sites and museums all over Egypt to say he will give their lives for protect our heritage. Many young Egyptians in the streets to try to stop the criminals. Because of the circumstances, this behavior is not surprising, criminals and people without a conscience steal their own country. If the lights go out in New York or London, if only for an hour, would manifest criminal behavior. I am very proud that the Egyptians want to stop these criminals to protect Egypt and its heritage. Right now, the Internet has not yet been reactivated in Egypt. I had to fax this statement to my colleagues in Italy because it was loaded in London on my site.

Zahi Hawass

http://ilfattostorico.com/2011/01/31/vandali-danneggiano-il-museo-egizio-del-cairo2/

source : http://www.drhawass.com/blog/situation-egyptian-antiquities-today

0 comments:

Post a Comment